Me too. It was an incredible weekend!
[photo from A Foodie Stays Fit]
While I was there I was about 28 weeks pregnant, which loosely translated means that I looked sort of pregnant if you squint your eyes juuuuuuuuuust right and spin around 3 times. Either pregnant or just overweight. You know, whatever…but regardless, it’s a crucial time during pregnancy where I had tons of energy to walk around San Francisco but needed to be comfortable and feel like I looked good too.
The last night I was there we attended a fabulous dinner that was definitely fancier than the girl that I normally am. When I was packing for the trip I knew we would have this gala to attend and that I would need to look nice, but since I’m usually a carry-on only gal I knew that I would need something that would travel well. Because a prerequisite to being a non-fancy-carry-on girl is also not ironing. Ironing? What’s that? And how is it done?
Nevermind, don’t tell me. I probably won’t pay attention
So here are the things that I needed from a dress:
- It had to first and foremost be comfortable – I had to be able to eat a great meal after walking 6 miles after all!
- I needed to look good and FEEL like I looked good – remember that whole being pregnant thing? Yeah, that will play tricks with your head and you just feel sort of blah in just about anything. I wanted to feel as beautiful as I knew/know in my head that I was/am.
- It had to pack easily in a very full carry-on bag. No way was I paying extra to check a bag!
- It had to come out of said carry-on bag in mint condition. No ironing, remember?
- It had to be gala-appropriate – I didn’t need to look like I was wearing a formal gown, but it needed to be something that would be fashionable and gorgeous in addition to all of the other things.
That being said, I chose to go with my favorite dress ever, the Karina Dress that I received last summer. Y’all, I can’t begin to explain how great this dress worked out. It met every requirement I had, and made me feel absolutely gorgeous. I had so many compliments on it while at the gala and even paired it with some black leggings, a cardigan and boots for the trip home. Versatile, beautiful, and easy.
Want your own Karina dress (whether you’re pregnant or not)? Just use this discount code – DISH30 – when checking out on their online store – you’ll get $30 off your purchase, but even more you’ll be getting a fabulous dress from an outstanding company!
Now that’s something a non-fancy gal can really get behind!