Forgive me guys, for I know exactly what I do. I’m skipping over the gloriousness of Spring in Colorado (which is mostly nice…I’m not a fan of the freak snowstorms in May and whatnot) and getting right to summer. See, last year I had just found out I was pregnant and suffered through the summer feeling nauseated and gross and everything smelled weird.
I’d like to take this time to apologize to Nate and my dogs and for telling them they all smelled funny even after taking showers/baths/brushing teeth. It wasn’t you. It was me.
Anyway, as we work our way through a typical Colorado winter where it snows one day and is about 65 degrees and sunny the next, I can’t help but think that this summer, THIS SUMMER, is going to rock my face off. Here’s why:
- Blond arm hairs.
- Watch tan lines.
- Paddle boarding.
- Taking the dogs to the dog park and watching them swim.
- Walks with the baby.
- Picking up running again.
- Guacamole and chips.
- Rooftop patio happy hours.
- Margaritas. Frozen or on the rocks, I don’t care. No salt please.
- Iced coffee.
- Grilling outside.
- Gardening (????). I don’t know why (probably nesting) but I feel the overwhelming urge to fix up our yard this year.
- Pool parties.
- Sleeping with the windows open.
- Shorts and tank tops.
- Freshly grilled fajitas.
- The sun staying up until 9pm.
- Summer music. You know, the kind that always makes you look back and say, “Man, the summer of ____ was where it was AT!”
- Farmer’s markets.
- Sweet tea.
- Big fat salads loaded with summer veggies.
Nate just came and said that this was a long list…maybe a little TOO long. But you know what? I think it’s just right since I could go for at least another 25 more things that I’m stoked about for the summertime.
So what about you? What grills your burger when it comes to summer? What makes you happy? What are you stoked for?!