There is a woman that I work with who is probably the most fabulous person I know.
- She churns her own butter.
- She has an oven that is the most awesome thing in the world, which she calls her baby.
- She owns a goat. Maybe for goat cheese one day, but mostly because it helps with the whole “mowing the yard” thing.
- She also owns an alpaca.
- She lives on a lake.
- She knows how to make croissants. Anyone who knows how to do that wins.
- She can wear pajamas to work and make them look fancy. Let’s just say that the old boxers and massive T-shirts I wear to bed have no chance – NO CHANCE! – of looking fancy.
- She bakes her own bread.
- She will sit and talk to me about all things food and kitchen for hours on end.
- She is totally that person who can say anything, even without a filter, and it’s hilarious and relevant.
- She told me about the way that she makes BLTs, which totally trumps any other real BLT out there.
- 2 slices good bread
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, crisped
- 1/2 large beefsteak tomato, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup tender lettuce of choice
- 2-3 oz brie cheese
- salt and pepper
First up toast the bread. When it’s toasted and still hot spread it with brie cheese (in lieu of mayo). Build the sandwich with bacon on the bottom, tomatoes and lettuce, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with the other slice of bread.
It’s simple, it’s a sandwich, but the high-quality ingredients and the fact that it’s practically smothered in brie cheese makes it scream “FABULOUS” from the rooftops.