I have to put this out there: my life is being changed as we speak and I want that to happen to you too! Have you seen or heard of the She Reads Truth site, hashtags or Instagrams? It’s a group of incredible women all digging into the Bible together to learn more about submitting their hearts and lives to Christ. And in short, it’s amazing.
The best part is that you don’t have to have a blog to join in. Here’s how to get started:
- Download the YouVersion app on your smart phone. I’ve had the app for a while and really love that I can switch between translations to get clarification if I need it! If you don’t have a smart phone, just create a login via on your web browser.
- After creating an account, go to the Plans section and search “Living the Surrendered Life.”
- Check the blog or Twitter to find out which day the group is on.
- Keep a journal. Write down your thoughts. What you think the day’s reading means. You never know how what you share might spark in someone else. If you’re starting a little late, no biggie – you can always catch up OR just be a few days behind. I’m still working through the initial study (Soul Detox) in addition to the Surrendered Life.
- Take a picture. Share it via Instagram, Twitter or leave a comment on the She Reads Truth devotional page for that day.
- Repeat daily. Love others. Be encouraged. And allow your heart to change!
I was just telling Nate the other night that I’m so glad that I found this amazing group of women who push me and hold me accountable to getting in the word daily. It’s honestly the best way to start my day, and I love seeing how God is working through others and how he is changing my heart.
I’m over letting anything but God’s love define who I am. I am more than the number on the scale or on my clothes, I’m more than the amount of money I make, I’m more than the number of people who read this blog. I’m God’s child – and that is more than enough for me. I hope that you can come to find the same thing – let’s grow together!