- I’m not actually that cool. What a way to start off, right? I guess what I’m saying here is that my day is pretty much the same every day. I don’t really have any big quirks (that I’m aware of) to laugh about on a consistent basis. I freak out about laundry not getting done and when my kitchen is a big mess the world just feels a little off. Yesterday the big thing I did all day was go to Walmart to buy dishwasher detergent. The coolness factor on that in my pre-married life was about a negative 5, but these days? Kind of a big deal. So the whole writing about my life and making it seem fun and exciting or at least humorous…well, it can be kind of a struggle sometimes. But it’s also made me dig down and realize that I’m so very blessed in so many big and small ways!
- It’s so easy to compare yourself to women you’ve never met. Kind of a spin-off of #1 —> I have caught myself many times sitting back and wondering why my life doesn’t seem as cool, why I’m not as put together, why I’m not as entrepreneurial/witty/creative/hilarious as a large number of bloggers. But the thing that I always have to remind myself of is this: we’re all human. That means we all have stuff, we all have issues, hurts, habits, hang-ups, frustrations, whatever. You name it. As Casey said in her most recent post and Emily wrote about it as well, there’s a lot that doesn’t make it onto a blog, and that is true for all of us. So when I catch myself in the comparison trap? Well, usually I strap Weston on and take a quick walk to the park to get out of my house and see the incredible world around me. To breathe in some fresh air and realize that I am here for a reason, and if that reason is solely to just love on my husband and our baby boy? Then that’s a big enough blessing for me…being able to write about it is just icing on the cake.
- There will probably be no shortage of stuff to write about. Besides my uncoolness and non-put-togetherness (both are totally real words and phrases) I could probably throw several hundred words down in a blog post about nothing…think the Seinfeld version of my life. I could wax poetic about my loathing of laundry, the amount of dog fur on the floor, the fact that I have tried every year for the past half a decade (that means 5 years. In fancy talk ;)) to plant an herb garden with 0% success. So while I may run out of recipes or may take photos of the enormous amount of leftovers we eat, as least there will always be something to write about!
- I’ve made some of my best friends through blogging. Women that I would never have met otherwise I now consider some of my best friends. The biggest problem with this is the fact that we don’t always get to just stop by and hang out with one another, but the amount of encouragement and love and support that I have received from you guys? That’s Jesus at work right there. I just hope that I can be as big of an encouragement in your life as you all have been in mine!
- Redesigning a blog is a beating. HOLY.GOODNESS. I have been wanting/needing a new look in this space for a while, and I just cannot come up with a good idea. I’ve read books and articles and played on Photoshop and sought out other opinions and NOTHING. If anyone has any ideas, please help. Yesterday I sat in front of the screen and cried about it like a normal adult woman would (sarcasm) and then sat on the couch with a spoonful of peanut butter & a Zumba infomercial to make it all go away. Redesign, you are sucking the life out of me. That is all.
So what about you guys? Blogger? Not a blogger? Friday thoughts? Feel free to link up in the comments!